Doctor Zhivago

 
It's been an intense summer of traveling, 3 weeks of camping in Iceland (oh, I absolutely adore this little but fantastic planet!) and a month in UK. As I actively continue on a job hunting, I'm close to be finishing my short "Doctor Zhivago". There are still couple of layouts left to be painted and frames to be coloured, but I hope to finish it soon and send it off to festivals!
For now, I'm posting an intro shot of my long awaited short "Doctor Zhivago".



I would say, the inspiration behind this idea was not only the novel "Doctor Zhivago" by Boris Pasternak, but a composition by Sergei Rachmaninoff, Piano Concerto No.2 Mov. 2, which in my opinion fit so well the worldview of the main protagonist from the novel, Yuriy Zhivago. This composition definitely includes notes of deep experiences and inevitability of the future as if unexpected storm covers the Russian Empire. As it gets colder, the snow falls and wipes out the past - old regime, old rules. There are parts when you can hear a fear of the unknown, a feeling of wonder, an end of new hopes, but also a strong willingness to resist against such a rapidly changing world.






Comments

Popular Posts